Timeshare Vs Hotel - Difference Between Hotels & TimesharesTimeshare FAQ
In short, a timeshare is a home away from home and offers many of the same benefits of owning your own luxurious vacation home including many of the same amenities that a hotel or motel would not have.
Owning a timeshare means taking advantage of the benefits of ownership and being treated with the same respect an owner would, vs a hotel or motel that has none of those benefits and offer less luxurious accommodations and fewer amenities.
Why Should I Choose One Versus The Other?Why would you choose a timeshare at a vacation home versus a hotel or motel? Most of us can say that we have stayed in a regular hotel or motel room at least once in our lives.
This is typically a room coming in at about 350 square feet, with two queen beds, a bathroom, a tv and a nightstand. If you are lucky your hotel or motel may have a little more square footage, a desk, a couch and a small refrigerator.
With a timeshare, at a vacation resort you get much more. From 24/7 front desk service, concierge, wifi, a pool and hot tub, or multiple pools and hot tubs, a gym, business center, playground and/or game room, spa, laundry room or at least on property laundry room, covered parking, restaurants, alcohol service, live entertainment, on and off site recreational activities, upgraded bedding and linens and the list goes on.
As you can see, the amenities and extra services alone vs hotels or motels make purchasing a timeshare much more appealing vs staying in a small, cramped hotel or motel room lacking in amenities and comfort.
This is especially true if you and your family are looking to enjoy a nice vacation, but still want many of the same experiences you would have in the comfort of your own home.
You Get Amenities Of Both A Resort, And Home OwnershipYou have to book a motel or hotel in advance vs a timeshare where you have a dedicated vacation spot at your favorite resort and location without the hassle of booking beforehand.
Timeshare suites have many of the same amenities any other owned properties would have, from fully furnished kitchens to bedrooms and washer and dryers so vacation home properties are really a home away from home versus a hotel or motel which are not fully furnished and have fewer or none of these features as stated earlier.
Most often vacation resorts include many of the same amenities as home ownership such as extravigate pools, gyms, eateries, game rooms, activities for kids, or even spa’s vs hotels or motels which usually do not have most or any of these luxuries.
Timeshares Features & Amenities
- Luxurious & Spacious 6 to 8 persons accommodations
- Treated with the respect of a property owner
- First class accommodations
- Comfortable Queen or king sized bed in private rooms
- Television in bedrooms and main living area
- Typical size is around 1100 square feet
- Full amenities including washer and dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen like your own home
- Bathroom equipped with Jacuzzi tub
- Free movie rentals, game rooms, pool & activities
- Lots of family oriented activities
- Access to luxurious pools and pool activities
- Can pass on family vacations for generations to come
Hotels & Motels Features & Amenities
- Not treated with the respect of an owner
- Less luxurious accommodations
- Less spacious 2 persons accommodations
- One room with one bath, roll away on request
- Coffee maker usually included but limited amenities
- Limited kitchen utilities and supplies
- Typical size is around 350 square feet
- Television with pay to order movies
- Room service and sometimes a pool
- No washer and dryer or hookups
- Mini refrigerator (Only some hotels)
The Best Part Of OwnershipThe best part of owning a timeshare versus staying at a hotel or motel is after you are done enjoying the benefits, most allow you then get to pass it on to your children. That is something you simply cannot do with hotels or motels.
Then, on the years you don't use it you can use a property management company to help you with getting something back on your investment rather than it going to waste.
Thus in our opinion with all of these benefits a timeshare includes more pros than cons vs a hotel or motel, but the key is buying it right, and how one uses it.